July brought on gloomy, cloudy, colder than usual weather. Since I was staying inside I had to try to stay motivated. This month’s UFO was the Batik Block of the month, which I managed to pin baste, but didn’t get to the quilting yet. Instead I got really wrapped up in making postcards and charity quilts.
Official Finishes for the Month of July:
Lots of postcards were created and sent out. I joined a postcard swap on Instagram and I am also in a mail art group on Facebook.
I made a little zipper bag with a quilting practice sandwich.
I continue to stay on track with my temperature quilt and with each Dresden plate I get a little better with my points and having the plate lay flat.
Stash busting with String and Story “Floating Pluses” pattern using my animal prints for a charity quilt.
I also finished 2 other charity quilts using patterns of my own.
New projects and progress on… for the Month of July:
I cleaned out the attic (which used to be my studio) and found a bunch of the drawings from my old paper collages.
I was excited by this find and I am looking forward to turning them into fabric collages… so I got started on that.
I continued to work on my Rainbow Bee quilt, but it isn’t done yet… I continue to work on my Tula Pink blocks, but I’m not making one a day anymore.
So… that’s about it for the month of July. Bring on August! I am looking forward to more sun!